We're still here for you!
Need a library card?
We've got you covered. Whether you'd like to renew or sign up for the first time, library cards are FREE! just visit our membership page to find out more. https://oml.prl.ab.ca/services/memberships. You are always welcome to phone us. We are answering phones between 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday.
Ebooks, eAudios, comics, magazines, papers, and homework help are all available with your library card. Visit our eLibrary page to find out everything we have to offer without even coming through our doors! https://oml.prl.ab.ca/elibrary
How do I get my books?
You can get your items shipped to you through Canada Post. We get a special rate, so don't feel bad about using it! Whatever is easiest for you is what we'd like to do!
Some of you may need your materials faster than waiting for something to arrive through the mail! We've got you covered too. Use our curb-side pick up.
- When you arrive at the library, give us a call.
- We will check out your materials then place them in the grey bin outside. Please make sure you stay in your car or by the street until we have gone back inside.
- Pick up your books from the bin, and enjoy! We always recommend wiping materials for extra safety.
We are still accepting materials in our outside book drop. However, if you are unable to return them, any materials due during our closure will not accumulate fines.
Requests, Holds, and Physical Materials
We have a wide variety of books, DVDs, audiobooks and even Video games available to you! Unfortunately, our Alberta Wide Borrowing is currently suspended, but we look forward to offering that to you again soon! In the meantime. you can call or email us with your book requests and we'll do our best to find specific titles or appropriate items for you off our library shelves. Let's make the library shelves look like the grocery aisles! Once we have found your books, we will give you a call and arrange to get them to you!
Here's how to let us know what you need!
- Visit our catalogue page directly. Make sure you see our logo at the top of the screen. If not choose our library from the pulldown menu (top left).
- Login with your account (top right). Barcode and PIN (Your pin is the last four digits of your phone number)
- Narrow your search using the limiter bar, (side left), selecting Olds Municipal Library.
- 1 (of 1) means that we own one, and it’s on the shelf.
- Select add to my List
- Scroll to the top of the page, you can select My Lists and choose the list you created. You can then email the list to us!
- Once you've created your list, first email it to yourself, then send us a forward of that email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and library card number.
- We will call you when they are ready for pickup or mail.