Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get a library card?
How do I access eMaterials and other online resources?
How do I get my books?
How do I return my books?
How do I order and request books?
We love what you're doing, how can we help?
How do I stay up to date?
Will I be charged fines?
Need a library card?
We've got you covered. Whether you'd like to renew or sign up for the first time, library cards are FREE! Just visit our membership page to find out more. You are always welcome to phone us. We are answering phones between 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday.
Ebooks, eAudios, comics, magazines, papers, and homework help are all available with your library card. Visit our eLibrary page to find out everything we have to offer without even coming through our doors!
You can get your items shipped to you through Canada Post. We get a special rate, so don't feel bad about using it! Whatever is easiest for you is what we'd like to do!
Some of you may need your materials faster than waiting for something to arrive through the mail! We've got you covered too. Use our curb-side pick up.
- When you arrive at the library, give us a call.
- We will check out your materials then place them in the grey bin outside. Please make sure you stay in your car or by the street until we have gone back inside.
- Pick up your books from the bin, and enjoy! We always recommend wiping materials for extra safety.
We are still accepting materials in our outside book drop. However, if you are unable to return them, any materials due during our closure will not accumulate fines.
We have a wide variety of books, DVDs, audiobooks and even video games available to you! Unfortunately, our Alberta Wide Borrowing is currently suspended, but we look forward to offering that to you again soon! In the meantime. you can call or email us with your book requests and we'll do our best to find specific titles or appropriate items for you off our library shelves. Let's make the library shelves look like the grocery aisles! Once we have found your books, we will give you a call and arrange to get them to you!
Here's how to let us know what you need!
- Visit our catalogue page directly. Make sure you see our logo at the top of the screen. If not, choose our library from the pull-down menu (top left).
- Login with your account (top right). Barcode and PIN (Your pin is the last four digits of your phone number).
- When you find an item, you can choose Place Request. If the item is in our library, we will pull it off the shelf for you. We check requests a minimum of twice a day. (Items in our library will say Local Availability 1 of (1)). If the item is outside our library, we cannot guarantee the speed at which it will arrive as some libraries are not currently offering service. However, we are still receiving items from some libraries. Either way, we will notify you when your items are available.
- You can choose to use our curbside option, or have the items shipped directly to you through Canada Post.
Thank you for your interest in helping the library. We are still operating and working at full capacity trying to come up with new and innovative ways to serve you! We are also ramping up for a great summer of programming and helping people get back to work, navigate government aid programs, and more once we reopen! We still need the support of members of the public! If you're interested in donating you can visit us at oml.prl.ab.ca/donate to find out more. Library Giving day is April 23rd! Thanks in advance for considering your support!
Keep up to date with what's going on at the library. Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, featuring new programs, books, tech tips, and more!
You will not be charged fines when your books are due during our closure. Parkland Regional Library is doing their best to automatically extend due dates so you don't see fines accumulating. However, we'd like to tell you you can ignore them! During the first month we are open again, we will be hold an amnesty period where we waive all fines on items returned regardless of due date. If they were due a year ago, that's fine too!