Enter our Lego Contest! Start building now, drop off your entry Nov 16th.
15 + years
- All entries must be labeled with: Title, Name, and Age
- Drop off time 12-1pm
- All entries will be built off-site and must be fully assembled by 1pm to enter the contest
- Building skill, based on age of entry
- Creativity, originality, presentation
- Judging will take place between 1:00 – 3:30
- Public choice for each category will be decided based on votes cast between 1:00 - 3:30 pm
- Announcement of winners will be at 4:00
1. All creations must use your own LEGO, DUPLO or MEGABLOCKS bricks.
2. Entries must fit within a 12 x 12 x 12 inch space.
3. If your creation has multiple pieces, you must provide cardboard or other solid surface to display your creation on.
4. All entries must be completely original creations. No designs from LEGO, websites, books, etc. will be accepted.
5. Completed projects must be delivered to the library on Saturday, Nov 16 between 12:00 and 1:00 pm. Due to space limitations, entries cannot be accepted before Nov 16.
6. An entry form must be submitted with each original LEGO creation. Forms may be obtained when you drop off your creation at the library.
7. Winners will be announced via OML’s website the Monday following the public display and contest.
8. Lego creations MUST be picked up between 4:00 and 5:00 pm or no later than the Monday following the public display, during open hours.
Please note: Every effort will be made to return all bricks to their original owner. Projects will be on display to the public.
Photo Permissions: As part of registration, you will be asked to consent/agree that you or your child's work and/or likeness may be considered for display and/or promotion of Olds Municipal Library programming and services.