It's never too early to start reading! Keep track of the books you read with your child, and meet with us once a month to celebrate your journey through 1000 books!
Reading with your newborn, infant, or toddler is fun and simple, and the rewards are priceless! The goal is to read 1000 books before your little one starts kindergarten. (Yes, you can repeat books.) Reading together will create life-long memories for both of you and encourage parent and child bonding.
You can visit www.oml.beanstack.org to log your books or simply keep track of them on paper. Come in to pick up your prize books at the front desk.
Be sure to join us for our check-in once a month to celebrate your accomplishments and try out some of our center activities with your little reader! Plus, Each 100 books earns you a book from our prize chest!
First Thursday of the Month starting Oct 7th
11:00am - 11:30am
General Library Use: As per the Alberta Health guidelines, the library will be implementing the following restrictions for general library use.
- Masks are required for anyone over 2 years of age in accordance with the Alberta Mask Mandate https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx in the library.
- Physical Distancing is required while using the library space.
- We will be operating at 1/3 fire capacity.
- Due to the above restrictions, proof of vaccination will not be required to enter the building, however the Restriction Exemption Program will be implemented for programs at the library as outlined below.
Library Programming Attendance Requirements:
- We will be implementing the Restriction Exemption Program as of September 20th. Proof of vaccine will be required for all persons12 and over to attend programs at the Olds Library.
- We require all participants of all ages to sanitize upon entering the program space. (May wash hands instead.)
- Masks are required as outlined above.
For programs including students under the age of 12, the restriction exemption program cannot be implemented, the following additional restrictions will be in place.
- Reduced class sizes to accommodate 1/3 capacity.
- Physical Distancing will be used, keeping participants 2 m apart.
- Masks will be required as outlined above.